At G-Technology, a Western Digital brand, our mission is to empower creatives from around the world and to inspire the next generation of storytellers. To do that, we make the sexiest, most reliable, performance-driven hard drives on the planet. Whether you’re a photographer, filmmaker, designer, or music producer, your creative work is your soul, and we believe that it’s our job to keep that work safe and provide you with the best possible tools for storing and retrieving your precious data.
On the product-side, we’re building solutions for every part of the film, television, and VR production process. Whether it’s for an individual or company, we make everything from a 500GB shuttle drive to a 500TB rack-mounted NAS for multi-user editing systems. We’re part of the Western Digital family, so we’ve got access to some of the most cutting edge storage tech from HGST and SanDisk.
We’re all about taking the pain of data management out of your workflow, so that you can focus on what really matters…
And if all that seems like a stretch for a hard drive company, you should come in and see what we’re up to.
We’re looking for workflow Sherpa + solutions engineer to bring technical expertise, thought leadership, and support to our sales team, customers, and resellers. You’re the person who knows how to take all of the ingredients and put them together and make a deliciously efficient data workflow and management cake. The right person is going to have experience in production or post production work, data architecture or infrastructure, and a passion for working with people. You should know your way around video editing software (NLEs), media asset management packages (Marquis, CatDV, Axle Video, etc.), AutoCAD + 3D architecture software, and the product development process. Extensive understanding and knowledge of NAS, SAN, and DAS + cloud architecture is a must.
This role is about helping creatives and creative teams optimize their workflows, develop the right infrastructure, and ultimately, scale the massive, anxiety laden mountain that is data management.
- Provide media workflow and storage solution thought leadership to key customers.
- Participate in identifying the priorities, requirements and criteria of out customers initiatives, and the links between the executive, operational and infrastructure stakeholders for that initiative.
- Map customer business problems to technical solutions and ensure that solutions are targeted to accelerate the top customer’s business objectives.
- Own the overall solution architecture, and coordinate the architecture and execution with others (e.g., other architects, practice specialists, partners and customers).
- Qualify, manage and monitor customer evaluations and proof-of-concept (POC) tests from start to completion.
- Develop and execute benchmarks that simulate customer application situations and develop presentations and white papers.
- Engage with OEMs, SI, and VAR partners to ensure G-Technology’s capabilities and reach are amplified.
- Keep management teams informed of key technology directional shifts and long term opportunities.
- Represent G-Technology at Tech Events, Customer Forums, Executive Briefing Visits, etc.
- Maintain accurate and updated reporting of all activities.
- Deep knowledge of Storage (DAS, SAN and NAS) and its deployment in various application environments.
- Knowledge of Linux (Redhat, SLES, Ubuntu), Windows and VMWare ESXi preferred.
- Experience running benchmarks like vdbench, FIO, etc., and interpreting results.
- Media editing and management application knowledge or expertise: NLE software (such as Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro), and MAM/PAM software (such as CATDV, Avid Interplay, Axle Video)
- Applications knowledge in terms of installation and tuning for best storage performance.
- Application familiarity: Oracle, VMware, MS SQL Server, MySQL, OpenStack, Hadoop, Ceph, Splunk, HPC applications and file systems (such as Lustre), Technical Computing: MCAE, Life sciences applications, etc.
- Proficient in translating business needs into complex solutions, including researching and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of G-Technology products and solutions, architecting and designing the solution, and managing multiple internal, cross business unit, and external resources and technologies to complete the proposed solution.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of performance tuning concepts at the application, storage, and OS internal levels, and the ability to optimize performance.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, 10 years of experience in storage solutions, management, and media workflows.
- Track record of excellence in pre-sales technical sales, solution design and implementation.
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation, and listening skills, including credibility and business maturity to provide high quality input to senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willing to participate as a creative thinking, self-motivated team member in a high energy startup-like culture under the pressure of change and moving targets.