Sales Development Representative, Square Payroll Product (Contract)
- San Francisco, CA
- 3 month contract (extension or full-time hire depending on performance)
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. And make it easier for customers to shop and pay at their favorite businesses. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square Payroll is looking to hire a Sales Development Representative to play an integral role in assisting our customers in starting or transitioning over to Square Payroll. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills to work with Square Payroll’s customers effectively on the phone and through email.
As a member of the Square Payroll Sales Development team, you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers and will be expected to quickly gain the technical expertise needed to establish a trusted relationship. In this role, you will be sitting with the Square Payroll Product team listening to the needs of the market and collaborating directly with Product and Marketing teams.You are quick on your feet, tenacious, and posses grit to overcome objections. You will become an expert in the products and services that enables merchants to thrive with the Square ecosystem.
- Communicate directly via email and phone (90% of the time) with Square Payroll customers interested in signing up for payroll or switching payroll providers
- Ensure a high level of customer service and professionalism when assisting customers
- Validate and enter new customer payroll history into the Square Payroll system
- Listen and share market insights with Product and Marketing teams
- Collaborate with the Square Payroll team to identify onboarding improvements in workflow and customer experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making abilities
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & strong attention to detail
- Experience in sales, account management, or similar client-facing role
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM systems a plus
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.