TACC designs and deploys the world's most powerful advanced computing technologies and innovative software solutions to enable researchers to answer complex questions like these and many more. Every day, researchers rely on our computing experts and resources to help them gain insights and make discoveries that change the world.
TACC's environment includes a comprehensive cyberinfrastructure ecosystem of leading-edge resources in high performance computing (HPC), visualization, data analysis, storage, archive, cloud, data-driven computing, connectivity, tools, APIs, algorithms, consulting, and software. In addition, our skilled experts work with thousands of researchers on more than 3,000 projects each year
This position joins the Advanced Computing Interfaces area of the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) as part of the, Web and Cloud Services group.
Contribute to the design and operation of the Agave Platform, an API-driven, web-based technology platform delivering Science-as-a-Service to the open science community. Apply and develop hands-on experience in front-end development through the design, prototyping, and implementation of cutting edge web and mobile interfaces for the open science community. Participate in the design and development of web applications and innovative interfaces leveraging the Agave Platform. Develop and maintain proof of concept applications highlighting specific science use cases. Contribute to the creation of documentation and training materials for front-end platform technologies. Participate in hands-on training sessions promoting the use of Agave and gateways as teaching tools. Interact with researchers at UT and nationally to build a better platform for science. Research technologies and ideas for their applicability to projects. Utilize good software development practices. Perform maintenance and provide support to software deployed in a production environment.
Master's degree and no experience or Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience
- Two years or more of recent, full time web development experience using one or more of the following: Angular, React, Ember, Backbone, Meteor
- Demonstrated experience builng & consuming RESTful web services
- Hands-on experience working with cloud technologies, both commercial cloud providers, & open source efforts
- Hands-on experience with MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch or other relational & NoSQL database technologies
- Demonstrated experience with unit testing, continuous integration, & distributed source control management
- Demonstrated familiarity with front-end web development toolchains such as NodeJS, NPM, Gulp, Bower, Yoman, sass, less, etc.
Advanced degree courses in computer science, information science, mathematics, or a computational science or engineering discipline
Experience with some or all of the following is desired
- Experience building real time applications
- Experience with basic data analytics and visualization
- Experience in UI/UX/DX design and A/B testing
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Demonstrated experience with SEO optimization
- Experience applying data mining and machine learning to improve user experience