Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Assistant Brand Manager - TIGI
TIGI is actively seeking an Assistant Brand Manager to join our Marketing Department located in Lewisville, Texas. This is a demanding and challenging role which is central to TIGI’s marketing activity. The Incumbent will be required to work alongside the Marketing Manager and take control of a key brand(s) within the TIGI portfolio and work with the Marketing Team on all aspects of the brand (from working with Global Marketing to formulate the local marketing strategy to execution of the activity plan). The Incumbent will also be the champion of the brand in this all-encompassing marketing role that will also put them in close contact with the sales, finance, PR and logistics functions. We are looking for a candidate with relevant brand and product marketing experience who is self-motivated, adaptable and a fast learner. The Incumbent will be expected to hit the ground running in our fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with outstanding project management and analytical skills, and a genuine “can-do” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devising marketing campaigns and promotion.
- Managing product launches from A to Z (forecasting stocks, working with education, creating marketing story and materials, and monitoring success).
- Working with graphics to develop all POS materials.
- Briefing the purchasing liaison on projects and managing the timely and cost-effective delivery of all promotional items.
- Coordinating roll-out of promotions to U.S. and Canadian markets.
- Analyzing brand performance and competitor activity.
- Analyzing customer base and identifying new opportunities.
- Regular contact with sales force including presenting promotions and launches.
- Time spent on the road to see effectiveness of promotions and test new concepts.
- Develop channel analysis to provide insights and channel characteristics that will ultimately drive overall growth YOY and thought leadership at shelf.
- Develop and implement channel plans which includes:
- Distribution Gap Analysis.
- POG Optimization.
- New opportunities for TIGI.
- POS Report .
- Promotional Analysis.
- Implement merchandising plan to drive the TIGI Portfolio’s presence and winning position across channels.
- Develop volume driving activities to help close gaps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of brand and product marketing exposure.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be able to travel up to 30% annually.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Detail oriented with proven multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to use various methods to influence others; high self-awareness and high social awareness.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and a fast learner.
- Relishes a fast-paced environment with outstanding project management and analytical skills, and a genuine “can-do” attitude.
- Keen interest in the professional hair care industry.
- Proven awareness of the competitor market.
- Winning, persistent and resilient attitude, strong human relation and analytical skills; be able to effectively present and implement action plans.
- Good logical thinking in process setting and following-up.
- Knowledge about trade marketing; experience in trade marketing is a plus.
- A team player.
- Set high standards and be proactive in making things happen.
- Value integrity, personal responsibility and possess a goal-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for winning
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability.
- Orientation to Action.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lift materials and products up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.