Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Sales Operator Development Manager- New York/CT/Long Island
Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more. We’ve been in food since the 1880’s and are home to some of the world’s favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann’s, Lipton and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries.
We always care about putting healthy and nutritious food on the table, but we also care about our impact on the earth. Using ingredients and packaging that are sustainably sourced, generate less waste and consume less energy is all part of our environmentally responsible way of doing business.
Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of a Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies?
If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU!
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions. Job Summary:
The Operator Development Manager is responsible for delivering against set targets and growing profitable sales in their market on all Unilever Food Solutions products (Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, etc.) by:
- Strategically targeting and executing new business strategy (Restaurant Operator, 100% of time).
- Developing Regional Restaurant Chains (4-14 units).
- Partnering with restaurant executives and chefs to develop and grow their business.
- Trade funds’ investments (Operator).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the respective Key Operator, & Regional Chain business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgets.
- Maintain active market presence: a minimum of 4 days per week of Field Operator calls and presentations.
- Organize and present detailed business reviews with all contracted operator accounts.
- Present and execute new products to develop new slots in distribution and create pull within regional small independent operators and chains.
- Build relationships with all levels of decision makers within a customer to help identify issues/needs and formulate solutions to elevate these relationships.
- Coordinate and leverage resources for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
- Prepare and regularly update Salesforce (CRM system) account details/opportunities/activities for all customers.
- Administer and manage customer contracts.
- 4 year college degree or 2 year + Culinary Degree, preferred. High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience in foodservice sales required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Proficiency and drive to become an expert with our systems (Blacksmith, Salesforce, CRM).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Business Acumen.
A successful candidate will have the following: Self-confidence, persistence, interpersonal sensitivity, committed to a team environment, an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for driving results and a love of food
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.