Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Chef Go to Market Hispanic Business North America
Chefmanship has been recognized as a differentiating capability, key for Unilever in winning in the marketplace, with quality products and applications.The Hispanic market is a fast growing segment with big opportunity growth for Unilever. Authenticity and the ability to create content in Spanish is key.
The Activation/ Go to Market Chef NA will support all Hispanic activation programs and key Hispanic customers with the Sales teams for Savoury, dressings and BCS brands North America. In multiple billion dollar business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Hispanic Activation/Go to Market Chef NA is responsible for the culinary quality, innovative application of Unilever’s product portfolio, with the growing Hispanic market and Unilever’s Hispanic centric retailers/customers.
- The Hispanic Activation/Go to Market Chef NA is the culinary “conscience” of the MCO. In cooperation with appropriate Innovation chefshe/she is responsible to bring the consumer and the customer voice to culinary benchmarks for both product innovation and rejuvenation, and is a passionate ambassador of Culinary Art in North America.
- He/she is responsible to create culinary content (recipes, demos, tips etc.), for the Hispanic market, cross-category.
- In regional projects, he/she provides culinary expertise, local/authentic culinary knowledge and insights. In addition, working in partnership with local Category (Deploy),ensures that authentic taste and quality expectations are met, and provides input to the assessment of the competitive set and culinary insights into activation strategy.
- He/she will promote and help to successfully implement activation strategy, in the marketplace. Ensuring the product and applications meet the consumer’s culinary expectations, and strategically influences business partners.
- He/she will support regional and local, internal and external, culinary activation. Examples of activations the Go to Market activation Chef NA will be involved in are: PR events and activities, trade shows, culinary promotion of products to top tier customers, consumer recipe development.
- He/she will support and guide the product development team in the innovation and renovation or products for the Hispanic business.
- The Go to Market activation Chef NA will support excellent working partnerships with Brand, Deploy, LATAM Chefs, Key Customers and Food solutions Chefs.
- With Brand: safeguard and build culinary quality into all Food products and activations; translate insights into product ideas, consumer recipes, and concepts; flag product performance issues.
- With LATAM Chefs: exchange local input on projects; be aware of latest local and regional trend, developments, costumer insights and consumer needs/behavior.
- With Deploy: flag product performance issues; provide culinary knowledge in the assessment of consumer complaints.
- Key customers: represent the culinary heritage of the product and key applications, work closely with the sales team and feedback key insights to the business.
- With UFS chefs: share culinary knowledge, facilities and resources, where practical. This role will also support the R&D for UFS (25%).
- Fully qualified chef, with 3+ years’ experience in food, food service market or restaurant industry with deep knowledge of Hispanic cuisine and the ability to translate Hispanic consumer, customer and market insights into the innovation funnel. Prior experience as a trainer will be an advantage.
- Fluent in Spanish and English with very good presentation, demonstration and basic computer skills.
- Extrovert, who’s outgoing, inspiring, enthusiastic. And persuasive with passion for foods.
- Able to gather information from different sources (local and regional) and translate those into business relevant insights and foresights. Marketing awareness with basic knowledge of sales process, along with CMI understanding and the ability to interface externally to communicate and sell ideas.
- Cooking and tasting skills along with basic knowledge of product development (all categories). Ability to translate local consumer, customer and market insights into recipe prototypes and write. Consumer Recipes.
- Must have ability to travel overnight up to 20%, (trips typically 1-3 days, 1-2 times per month).
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.