Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Level: Professionals,Early Career
Start date: As soon as possible
Base7booking is a hotel technology company present in 45 different countries. We are a diverse and fast-growing company providing smart managerial solutions to hoteliers around the world. Thank to our innovative cloud-based products we are a leading company in the hospitality industry. If you are passionate about creative designs and want that your designs facilitate the work of our users and are seen all around the world, then we want to hear from you!
We are currently offering a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on designer who loves making great ideas come to life to join our team in Düsseldorf. We are looking for a talented Designer who is ready to roll up the sleeves and bring our web application and website to the next level of user experience. As part of our design team, you will create stunning, intuitive, and responsive interfaces that help our users worldwide to do their work better and faster.
What you’ll do:
- Develop engaging & seamless user experience across multiple devices.
- Transform abstract ideas into simple, smart and unique designs.
- Own your projects from the concept to the realization and conduct user testing.
- Work closely with our software engineering and product teams to coordinate and optimize projects and designs.
- Ensure creative solutions are relevant and reflective of the current marketing environment.
- Put yourself in the shoes of our users to build designs they will enjoy.
- Transfer (complex) mockups to eye-pleasing, pixel perfect designs.
- Transform concepts and scribbles for new features into delightful experiences to make our users fall in love with our products.
The ideal candidate:
- You have a university degree, completed an apprenticeship or gained relevant work experience in the design field.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in website design and usability.
- You have a strong understanding of user-centric design.
- You are proficient in developing responsive interfaces and coding HTML and CSS.
- You have an extraordinary eye for fonts, shapes, colors and distorted pictures make you cringe.
- Your first priority is: the user.
- Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch are your best friends.
- Prototypes of any kind go off your hand easily (sketches, mock-ups, storyboards, wireframes, click-dummies).
- You have great visual communication skills, you love to sketch on walls and Post-Its.
We believe our employees are the core and soul of the company, and value their talents and experiences by providing a rich environment where they can grow and flourish. Our work environment offers the opportunity to work with some of the best players in the industry with great benefits (like flexible schedule, free sport classes, language classes, secret trips, and more). We thrive by learning from each other with an open question approach, assuring innovative ideas are shared and put into action without restrictive bureaucracy.
If this sounds like your ideal place to work (it certainly is ours!), join our fantastic team and be part of a never-boring, hectic, fun, and challenging workplace.
We ask applicants to attach their Web Design portfolio to their application. Please also use the motivational letter to showcase any other designs or creations that you’re proud of!