The Service Innovation & Design department is focused on creating the most meaningful service experiences for every guest, in every Chick-fil-A Restaurant, every day. The team is responsible for ensuring that Chick-fil-A remains a customer service leader within the fast food industry and that we operationally meet the growing demands of our business. The Service Innovation & Design department is one of several sub-teams of the Customer Experience group, which itself is a sub-department of the Chick-fil-A Marketing department.
The Licensing Experience Leader will effectively manage multiple service innovation projects through the prototyping stage, including active testing and evaluation in live Restaurants. This strategic leader will serve as the internal subject matter expert on service innovation for licensee locations, and create strong vendor, Operator coach and Staff relationships to effectively execute the work. This leader will oversee the day-to-day work of contractors, based on the scope and need of the project work. In addition, the Licensing Experience leader will collaborate with the Licensing Team in Field Operations to ensure effective project hand-off at the end of the Prototype stage as well as serve as a liaison to other cross-functional project teams within Chick-fil-A.
The Licensing Experience leader will need to be well-versed in current consumer and service trends with a good working knowledge of the retail, food service and hospitality industries. Specifically, the candidate must have the ability to:
- Build a customer experience strategy for the ordering, meal delivery, and dining journey within Chick-fil-A licensee locations
- Understand licensee consumer needs through internal/external research resources
- Identify and refine improvement opportunities for existing service processes, while developing new concepts
- Define an enhanced customer experience road-map to guide project efforts for licensee locations
- Develop and communicate detailed project plans and business cases for each project to key stakeholders
- Explore approaches to balancing operational throughput and customer-centric design
- Facilitate a project team and serve as project manager working closely with cross-departmental teams, including Voice of Customer, Business Insights, Supply Chain, Design & Construction and Field Operation
- Coordinate internal and external resources to facilitate execution of projects through a disciplined design process
- Report and track project progress, manage significant budgets and regularly communicate updates to internal and external stakeholders
The Licensing Experience Leader has a strong understanding and working knowledge of corporate branding, design strategy, and the creative process. The position requires the ability to effectively manage teams and multiple assignments. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and able to work productively without close supervision, yet excel at being a team player and consensus builder. While valuing learning and continuous improvement, the candidate is able to deliver significant results on time and within budget.
Because projects are accomplished in the Service Innovation & Design department through cross-functional work, the ideal Licensing Experience Leader must have skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-functional team environment. Chick-fil-A values leaders with high "people skills" so the leader must have an engaging and personal leadership style that balances people development with task accomplishment. They must also possess a highly adaptive and flexible work style to adjust project initiatives relative to changes in corporate priorities.
•At least 7 years of experience in customer experience, design, industrial design, innovation, or product development
• Proven track record of success in both professional and academic environments • Strong project management skills with critical attention to detail
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytic capabilities
• Experience in guiding research projects in support of new program initiatives
• Strong negotiation and consensus building skills
• Ability to build effective relationships with Chick-fil-A support center staff, Operators, design consultants and vendors
• Proficient in Microsoft Office computer software applications
- 2 years of supervisory/people management experience
- MBA or Master's Degree in Design, Industrial Design, or Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Requirements: 30%
Required Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Level of Education: Masters Degree
Please visit Chick-fil-A career's Website for more information about this opportunity: https://www.chick-fil-a.com/Careers/Corporate