Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Start date: As soon as possible
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search. With around 3 billion requests per month we are operating on a large-scale, complex, and rapidly evolving IT landscape. We encourage all team members to question established processes and give them the freedom to experiment with new technologies in order to drive trivago to the next level.
- Develop our high traffic web applications (e.g. price comparison, hotel booking or B2B applications).
- Implement new website features.
- Set-up efficient and high performing database queries in MySQL.
- Participate in all project phases, including architecture, development and deployment.
- Improve internal processes and the team’s understanding of various technical and product-related components.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 5 years’ experience working with PHP development, ideally in a high-performance environment
- Is familiar with the term dependency injection.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has completed a comparable apprenticeship successfully.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.