Are you a perfectionist? Maybe even a little OCD? Do you believe in Murphy’s Law? Perhaps you’ve been a victim of Murphy’s Law, and pledged to never allow that to happen again. If you’ve answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, then you’ll love the Software Test Engineer role here at Ultimate!
As a Software Test Engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. You’ll be embedded on a team consisting between 8-30 people where you can strut your stuff finding bugs and giving developers valuable input from a testing perspective. In this highly-collaborative environment, you’ll have the opportunity to grow as a Software Test Engineer, and even help mentor others.
We do offer relocation packages. We also have this position available in Atlanta, GA.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A Day in the Life:
- In your daily standup meeting, you brag about a big bug you found at the end of the day yesterday, and walk a developer through it to get fixed
- Create and document test cases for those bleeding edge cases
- Exercise your C# knowledge by writing some automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks
- Frameworks are developed in-house and supported by Selenium, coded UI, and sikuli
- You attend a design meeting and discuss how to make an application testable
- Exploratory testing: this is when you get to let loose and go crazy on the application –try to break it! Bring out your inner Sid! (Hope you don’t mind the Toy Story reference!)
- Work with our test architects to develop and advance in your career
- Finally, you demo your story to the Business Analyst, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing!
- Multiple years’ experience in a Software Test Engineer role in an agile environment
- Write and test code in an object oriented language (C#, Java, Ruby, C++, VB.Net)
- Experience building test automation frameworks
- Selenium knowledge is preferred
- Experience with a Continuous Integration system (ex. TeamCity, or one of the Butlers…)
- Intermediate SQL code
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)