TACC designs and deploys the world's most powerful advanced computing technologies and innovative software solutions to enable researchers to answer complex questions like these and many more. Every day, researchers rely on our computing experts and resources to help them gain insights and make discoveries that change the world.
TACC's environment includes a comprehensive cyberinfrastructure ecosystem of leading-edge resources in high performance computing (HPC), visualization, data analysis, storage, archive, cloud, data-driven computing, connectivity, tools, APIs, algorithms, consulting, and software. In addition, our skilled experts work with thousands of researchers on more than 3,000 projects each year.
The Django / Web Developer will join the Advanced Computing Interfaces group of the Texas Advanced Computing Center as a talented, experienced, and inspired portal developer working on a natural hazards engineering research cyberinfrastructure.
Participate in researching and implementing a platform for building powerful web applications used by the national natural hazards research community. Interact and collaborate with researchers at UT and nationally to build a better platform for web-based science. Research technologies and ideas for their applicability to projects. Utilize good software development practices. Perform maintenance and provide support to software deployed in a production environment. Participate in writing publications for journals and presenting work at conferences.
Bachelor's degree. Minimum 4 years experience. This position requires expert understanding of the web, experience using and integrating multiple technologies and frameworks, as well as experience developing reusable component libraries usable by developers of varying skill levels.
- Experience developing applications in Python for the Django web framework
- Using RESTful web services
- Unit testing
- Source control with Git or other VCS
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Master's degree in computer science, information science, mathematics, or a computational science or engineering discipline. Four years of relevant experience.
Experience with the following is desired
- Containerized applications with Docker
- Continuous Integration
- Front-end development with Angular.js
- Experience with relational and nonrelational database technologies including some of MySQL, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, CouchBase, MongoDB
- Working with distributed systems
- Cloud services