Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Unilever Food Solutions helps chefs all over the world serve tasty, wholesome meals that keep their guests coming back for more. We’ve been in food since the 1880’s and are home to some of the world’s favorite brands: Knorr, Hellmann’s, Lipton and more! We work closely with businesses of all sizes, from independent restaurants to hotels, chains and contract caterers in 74 countries.
Are you results focused? Do you have passion for food? Do you want to have an entrepreneurial experience while being a part of $55+ Billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and learning new ideas, concepts, and strategies?
If yes, then this is a perfect opportunity for YOU! Positon will reside in Pennsylvania.
Our field sales team is the face-to face contact with our customers, delivering innovations, incentives and solutions. Territory Development Manager- Pennsylvania
The Market Development Manager is responsible for delivering against set targets and growing profitable sales in their market on all Unilever Food Solutions products (Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, etc.) by:
- Strategically targeting and executing new business strategy (Broad Line Distribution, 60% of time, and Restaurant Operator, 40% of time).
- Developing Regional Restaurant Chains (4-14 units).
- Cultivating relationships with distributors to better promote Unilever Food Solution’s products.
- Partnering with restaurant executives and chefs to develop and grow their business.
- Trade funds’ investments (Distributor Marketing Programs & Operator Purchase Programs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the respective Distributor, Regional Chain and Key Operator account business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgetary constraints.
- Maintain active market presence: a minimum of 3 days per week of Field Operator calls and presentations and 1-2 days per week of distributor activities/events.
- Manage Local Marketing Allowance (Marketing Programs) distributor contracts and agreed counterparts to include associated marketing activities and management of required slots.
- Organize and present detailed business reviews with all key foodservice trade accounts.
- Present and execute new products to develop new slots in distribution and create pull within regional small independent operators and chains.
- Build relationships with all levels of decision makers within a customer to help identify issues/needs and formulate solutions to elevate these relationships.
- Coordinate and leverage resources for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
- Prepare and regularly update Siebel (CRM system) account plans/opportunities/activities for all customers.
- Administer and manage customer contracts.
- 4 year college degree or 2 year + Culinary Degree, preferred.
- 4 years’ experience in foodservice sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Proficiency and drive to become an expert with our systems (TradePro, Siebel, CRM).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Business Acumen.
A successful candidate will have the following: Self-confidence, persistence, interpersonal sensitivity, committed to a team environment, an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for driving results and a love of food.
This is a home-based position with 30% travel.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.