Express Scripts is looking for talented UI Developers to join the team in our new space located in The Domain!
We are looking for a passionate Senior UI Developer who lives and breathes web development. The ideal candidate would be active in the web development community, participate in open source community and meet-up events. They would have a strong understanding of the challenges facing modern web design and development. They would always strive to do right by the consumer, delivering the best user experience.
- Partner with a multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects at a capability level.
- Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects at capability level.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
- Function as team leader with accountability
- Setting direction to mature the technology associated with the team. Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- Recommend actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
- Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Support activities of senior team members and architects to set direction for new technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects for components of a technology suites
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Participate in resolving urgent and high production incidents.
- Participate in action to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- 6+ years of front-end web development experience
- A history of working on consumer facings websites or applications
- Familiar with the challenges of responsive design and development
- Experience building SPAs with vanilla JS or with libraries/frameworks like React or Angular
- Have written and maintained tests for front end code using frameworks like Chai or Enzyme
- Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience; 1-2 years ESI experience preferred
- Have worked in an Agile environment, and are familiar with SCRUM and/or Kanban
- Has experience with Task runners line Grunt or Gulp
- Has configured and used code splitting and bundlers like Webpack or Rollup
- Deep understanding of CSS, having built, modified, or maintained UI frameworks
- Expert understanding of Git, not afraid to cherry pick or squash commits
- Have participated in code review process, giving constructive feedback to peers*LI-PS1