What do Outback Steakhouse, Pep Boys, and the Major League Baseball Network all have in common? They are paid with the software you could be building! At Ultimate Software, we build a cloud enterprise human capital management solution that can scale and perform on an as-needed basis.
As a Java Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on a development team consisting between 8-30 people where you can work on the next generation of internet software. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a Java Software Engineer, and even help mentor others.
We do offer relocation packages. We also have this position available in Atlanta GA and Toronto Canada.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A Day In The Life:
- Start your day off right by meeting with your teammates to make sure that yesterday’s challenges are today’s wins!
- Story kickoff meeting time! Make sure the code you write is building the software that you want to use
- Want to talk shop? The tech standup is the place to do it. Meet with your fellow software engineers and leads to make sure your code is using the latest practices and patterns
- After lunch, head over to a design meeting where you work with analysts and fellow software engineers to determine what the code and product will look like in a few months
- The team only gets stronger at regular retrospective meetings where your small ideas can have a big impact
- When the day is over, by using our internal communication portal, UltiHome, you plan on playing poker, volunteering, or going for a run with other Ulti Peeps!
- Years of experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns and REST
- Relevant experience with at least one statically typed language: Java, C#, etc
- Knowledge of microservice architecture and open source frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications and NoSQL databases
- OOP design and patterns knowledge
- Strong use of source code repositories, like GIT
- Teamwork is a must
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related field