Trend Micro: Securing Your Journey to the Cloud
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Trend Micro TippingPoint provides network security solutions. TippingPoint has a long history of providing in-line, real time vulnerability threat protection using high throughput, low latency inspection. With over 4000 installations in most of the Fortune 500, the Security Management System (SMS) is a Java Enterprise application, leveraging JBoss, MySQL, Vertica, CentOS that is distributed as a linux-based appliance. The client, currently a Swing application, is being migrated to browser-based technologies.
The SMS team is currently looking for Java engineers with current skills in Java Enterprise, SQL, database management, ETL and high-volume, data-based applications. You will be working on a team of senior developers who all contribute new features to the SMS application in software releases approximately twice per year, and sustain the product with our A-list customer base of Network Security administrators within government, the military, and private enterprise.
· Serve as a technical contributor on an agile team developing and enhancing features of the SMS product.
· Take ownership of and develop domain expertise across multiple areas/modules of the product.
· Design and implement automated tests to verify the correctness of product code -- at the unit test, functional, and feature levels.
· Conduct requirements analysis and provide estimates for product development activities.
· Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation in embracing new technologies and approaches.
· Triage and remediate defects reported by customers.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field or equivalent.
· 5+ years Java enterprise development experience.
· Understanding of Core Java Platform (Concurrency APIs, Generics, Annotations, Collections framework) and Java Enterprise (JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JDBC, JMS, EJB, RMI, and Servlets).
· Familiar with:
o SQL and large-scale analytic platforms (e.g. Vertica, Hadoop, Cassandra, ETL).
o XML/JSON and related technologies (e.g. XMLSchema, WSDL).
o Linux and Shell scripting.
· Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
· Motivation and resourcefulness to get things done and overcome obstacles.
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.