Location: Germany, Düsseldorf
Start date: As soon as possible
Are you driven by the passion to not only meet, but constantly exceed a client’s expectations?
The design team at trivago operate as an ‘internal agency’ that must satisfy the needs of 100 clients a second, located in 55 different locales world-wide, speaking 35 different languages. (No pressure!)
We are on the hunt for an innovative and confident Digital Product Designer with strong front-end development skills, who is looking for a challenging and rewarding position where their work will shape the look and feel of a globally recognized platform.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the look and feel of trivago across a variety of touchpoints on our corporate communication platforms (company pages, blogs, event apps etc.)
- Work autonomously within a large cross-function, multi-disciplinary team to create exquisite user interfaces that contribute to the overall experience of our users’ journey.
- Constantly strive to improve the users experience by providing suggestions and solutions, and pushing the envelope to optimize the user-flow.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible formats such as sketches, prototypes and wireframes. For this you will not only need to be a pro with Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator, but will have had previous experience working with pencils.
- Understand the value of modular, consistent user experience patterns and elements in order to evolve an initial idea into a full systematic design system that can translate across multiple devices.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience working as an Art Director, Digital Product Designer or Web Designer (or a similar role).
- A Bachelor’s in Digital Design or Interaction Design, or gained relevant work experience in the Design field.
- To be able to design in a responsive, fluid environment and have experience working in agile and fast paced surroundings.
- A curious personality that makes you excited about new innovations in your field. You want to be at the forefront of new trends in UI, Design and Tech.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with Prototyping tools such as Invision, Marvel etc.
- A basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS, in order to haven understanding of what is possible is a plus.
- Not just a ‘Can-do’ attitude but a ‘Can-do-better!’ attitude that makes you strive to improve every day.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.