We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and talented technical individual to join our team as DevOps Engineer. You should have experience running Linux and Windows based environments and managing AWS production infrastructure using configuration management tools such as CloudWatch, TeamCity, Chef, etc. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage complex cloud-based infrastructure for a growing organization.
- Manage and administer servers running Linux and Windows operating systems
- Manage virtual machines running in private and public clouds
- Maintain network systems and all host security activities
- Key player in configuration management, provisioning and orchestration
- Assist Database Administration team with management and provisioning of database resources
- Monitor and maintain system health pursuant to high levels of uptime and availability.
- Use tools to monitor and diagnose website performance and application performance management
- Provide on-call technical support, able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required
- Ensure network connectivity, perform network and security audits as well as system backups
- Maintain systems to load and transform large data sets from various internal sources.
- Work with Software Engineering teams and Product Owners to include new data sources and types in ETL processes, as well as assist in deploying schema changes.
- Perform daily monitoring, administration, repair and maintenance related to databases and related technologies in all environments.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Monitor and test server software performance and provide statistics and reports
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 5 years equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a production environment, preferably with a high-tech SaaS company
- Experience with Linux and open source technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with open source databases
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with ETL
- Highly proficient in open source SQL systems, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages, including Python and Ruby
- Demonstrable experience with cloud-based ETL tools, including EMR and Data Pipeline
- Expertise with distributed data stores, with demonstrable experience using Redshift
- Expertise with optimizing query performance
- Deep understanding of data structures and schema design
- Experience with AWS ecosystem, particularly RDS, Data Pipeline, SQS and SNS
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to evaluate and resolve systems issues
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Configuration management, provisioning and orchestration preferably with technologies like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Capistrano, MCollective, Fabric, Docker, Packer, Terraform, etc
- Provisioning, administration and management of cloud-based resources (IaaS/PaaS/AWS/Azure/OpenStack)
- Scripting and interpreted languages, such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, etc
- Relational databases, including MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with data streaming technologies, such as Storm, Spark and Kafka
- Knowledge of columnar and no-SQL systems, such as Redshift, Aerospike and Vertica
- Working in rapidly scaling start-up environments
- Working on an Agile team
About Digital Turbine, Inc.
Digital Turbine works at the convergence of media and mobile communications, delivering end-to-end products and solutions for mobile operators, app advertisers, device OEMs and other third parties to enable them to effectively monetize mobile content and acquire higher value user acquisition. The company's products include DT Ignite™, a mobile device management solution with targeted app distribution capabilities, DT IQ™, a customized user experience and app discovery tool, DT Marketplace™, an application and content store, and DT Pay™, a content management and mobile payment solution, DT Media, an advertiser solution for unique and exclusive carrier inventory, and Appia, a leading worldwide mobile user acquisition network. Digital Turbine has delivered more than 100 million app installs for hundreds of advertisers. In addition, more than 31 million customers use Digital Turbine's solutions each month across more than 20 global operators. Headquartered in Austin, Texas with global offices in Durham, Berlin, Singapore, Sydney and Tel Aviv. For additional information visit www.digitalturbine.com or connect with Digital Turbine on Twitter at @DigitalTurbine.