TACC designs and deploys the world's most powerful advanced computing technologies and innovative software solutions to enable researchers to answer complex questions like these and many more. Every day, researchers rely on our computing experts and resources to help them gain insights and make discoveries that change the world.
TACC's environment includes a comprehensive cyberinfrastructure ecosystem of leading-edge resources in high performance computing (HPC), visualization, data analysis, storage, archive, cloud, data-driven computing, connectivity, tools, APIs, algorithms, consulting, and software. In addition, our skilled experts work with thousands of researchers on more than 3,000 projects each year.
As part of the, Web and Cloud Services group of the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), this position will contribute to the design and operation of the Agave Platform, an API-driven, web-based technology platform delivering Science-as-a-Service to the open science community.
Participate in the design and development of the Agave Platform. Interact and collaborate with researchers at UT and nationally to build a better platform for science. Research technologies and ideas for their applicability to projects. Utilize good software development practices. Collaborate with the production ops team to support production deployments of the platform. Participate in writing publications for journals and presenting work at conferences.
Bachelor's degree. Minimum 4 years recent, full-time experience programming in Java or Python or other related web programming language. Minimum 2 years experience interacting with relational and No-SQL databases.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX command line environment including basic shell scripting and system configuration
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management technologies (OAuth2, OIDC, JWT, Cookies)
- Experience interacting with commercial cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, RackSpace, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker or other container technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English for online trainings and professional presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under established deadlines and as part of a team.
Advanced courses leading to a Ph.D. degree in computer science, information science, mathematics, or a computational science or engineering discipline.
Experience with some or all of the following is desired:
- Strong interest in supporting open, reproducible science and create transformational technology to accelerate the rate at which it is conducted
- Two or more years experience with data management and movement
- Familiarity with High Performance Computing, High Throughput Computing, and Distributed Computing paradigms
- Experience applying machine learning in application development