Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/Global Associate Brand Manager - TRESemme
We are looking for rising stars that enjoy a challenging position which will help you to learn and grow! An Associate will gain exposure to every aspect of the business, as it relates to the brand assignment. Brands are our business and at the heart of Unilever. Our commitment is to vitality and strengthening our brands.
This position will develop an in-depth understanding of brand management including consumer insight, category and channel planning, competitor analysis, innovation development and project tracking, communication development, brand equity, shopper insight and P&L delivery.
- Assist in the guidance of all brand communication and innovation development.
- Assist in global brand innovation projects, developing and delivering quality innovations.
- Work closely with Brand Building team to help maintain strategic alignment with global objectives.
- Work closely with Sales and Supply Chain.
- Accountable for working with Consumer Market Insights resource for monitoring of Brand Health.
- Ownership of the budget tracking and CIP management process.
- Ownership of project networks and deployment timings for key innovation and communication projects.
- Assist in innovation scoping work to identify future opportunities.
- Assist in creation of launch BET’s (Brand Experience toolkits) and maintenance of assets on SharePoint sites for market availability.
- Ownership of asset adaptations and main contact between agency and markets for adapt approvals.
- Ownership of sales samples delivery on time, in full to markets.
- Clear demonstration of external orientation, team alignment, and real accountability & strong bias for action.
- Genuine interest in beauty with a desire to share creative POV’s and creative inspirations.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in consumer brand marketing.
- MBA degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Analytical/quantitative skills, complex project management skills, team leadership skills, strategic thinking and leadership skills, coaching skills.
- Exhibits rigor and strong attention to detail.
- Proven record of drive and initiative with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate in an aggressive, dynamic environment, and to provide innovative approaches in a team-based structure.
- Experience leading cross functional teams: inspiring them to deliver great work on time and in full.
- An appreciation, empathy and respect for cultural differences and working styles that comes with working on a global team.
- Desire to work on a fast-paced, highly competitive, beauty-focused category.
- Examples of flawless project management, idea generation, and clear presentation of thoughts & ideas.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.