Our mission is to empower creatives from around the world and to inspire the next generation of storytellers. To do that, we make the sexiest, most reliable, performance-driven hard drives on the planet. Whether you’re a photographer, filmmaker, designer, or music producer, your creative work is your soul, and we believe that it’s our job to keep that work safe and provide you with the best possible tools for storing and retrieving your precious data. We’re all about taking the pain of data management out of your workflow, so that you can focus on what really matters… And if all that seems like a stretch for a hard drive company, you should come in and see what we’re up to.
We just moved into our new home in Hollywood, and we could not be more excited. The new office is meant to be a hub for all of our creative friends and partners, and includes 2 project studios, a co-working space for companies that we’ve partnered with or invested in, and room for community events. On the product side, we’re building solutions for every part of the film, television, and VR production process. We make everything from a 500GB shuttle drive to a 500TB rack-mounted NAS for multi-user editing systems.
We’re looking for a hunter to be the go-to sales person for our film and TV customers and resellers; someone who is going to get out there and help us grow the channel and our overall bottom line. The right person is going to have experience in production or post production work, with knowledge of DIT workflows, video editing software (NLEs), media asset management packages (Marquis, CatDV, Axle Video, etc.), and post production. This role isn’t simply selling, it’s helping creatives and creative teams optimize their workflows, so it’s key to have a solid understanding of what the workflow looks like and its inherent challenges with respect to data. The right person also knows a good deal about NAS, SAN, and DAS setups and devices, and should understand the different use cases for each.
- Become the film and TV workflow “go-to” person. Understand customer needs and requirements; develop thought leadership around best practices for film and TV production workflows.
- Maintain strong relationships with video and TV resellers and system integrators.
- Identify sales opportunities connected to film and television resellers, creatives, and companies.
- Close sales (coffee is for closers, after all)
- Research accounts, identify key players and trends, and generate interest in G-Technology product lines.
- Attend customer and reseller focused events and trade shows.
- Lead in-person and web based product trainings and presentations.
- Team with channel partners to build targeted messaging and outreach campaigns.
- Develop leads in the film and tv community, both via networking and online research.
- 3-5 years minimum experience working in production or post production OR production equipment sales
- Solid film / TV production professional network (editors, DITs, post production houses, supervisors, etc.)
- Proficient / comfortable with Word, Outlook, Excel, and office software
- Sales hunter mindset (we want someone who is hungry)
- Must love working with people (or at least be really good at it)
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to research topics, customers, and resellers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively